Attention: If you are a consumer of electricity you are unwittingly involved in a massive fraud!
The Sales Pitch
Hydro bills “may” drop 20%
Toronto Sun – Thursday, June 11, 1998
By James Wallace, Queen’s Park Bureau
Toronto consumers should be the first to benefit from plans to deregulate Ontario Hydro, Energy Minister Jim Wilson said yesterday.
The amalgamation of Toronto’s six local utilities and plans to end Ontario Hydro’s 92-year monopoly should substantially cut power bills in the city, he said.
Toronto Hydro has estimated bills could drop as much as 20%.
Jim Wilson was the Minister of Energy in the Mike Harris PC government and was a central figure in the electrical system scam in Ontario
Mr. Wilson and the Harris government worked closely with Ken Lay and other Enron lobbyists to build an electrical system designed to hurt consumers and businesses.
The electrical scam in Ont. started with the Bob Rae NDP government when Maurice Strong, Rae’s god-father, broke up Ontario Hydro. The electricity scam continued through the Harris and McGuinty Governments. Today Premier Kathleen Wynne and the liberal party administer the Enron styled electrical rate manipulation scam. The OEB and the government use the frauds/deceptions of conservation and sustainable development “Agenda 21” as an excuse for the rate increases and as a front for the crimes being committed on the hard-working people of Ontario.
Aleck Dadson a former Enron lobbyist is COO at the OEB. The OEB sets the ever-increasing electricity rates you pay.
A letter from Ken Lay of Enron to energy minister Wilson in 2001.
The Honorable Jim Wilson July 5, 2001
Ministry of Energy, Science & Technology
Hearst Block, 4th Floor,
900 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M7A 2E1
Dear Minister Wilson,
John Lavorato and I would like to thank you, as well as Bryne Purchase, Judy Hubert and Rick Jennings, for taking the time to meet with us in Toronto on June 19. I was pleased to meet you again after your brief visit to Houston and to the Enron building last year.
John and I particularly appreciated the discussion with you and your colleagues about the opening of the Ontario electricity market. In our view, Ontario is well down the path towards creating an effective de-regulated electricity market. We would encourage the Government to move forward to market opening in accordance with the Market Readiness Plan adopted earlier this year by the Ontario Energy Board and the Independent Electricity Market Operator.
We understand that the Government has set a deadline of May 2002 for opening the market. From Enron’s perspective, we remain confident that the market can and should open earlier than that date. Establishing and adhering to an early market opening date will, in our view, assist the Government in ensuring a smooth and successful transition to the new competitive environment. As we discussed in our meeting, the Texas restructuring plan highlights the importance of a fixed date in attracting investment capital to the electricity sector.
My colleagues and I look forward to continuing our dialogue with the Government and, in particular with your Ministry, regarding electricity restructuring and related issues. Again, thank you for the opportunity to meet with you and your colleagues.
cc: Bryne Purchase
Assistant Deputy Minister
A revealing email by Aleck Dadsonformally of Enron, Vice president of Energy Direct and now COO of the OEB-
From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com Subject: Ken Lay/John Lavorato Briefing Material Cc: Bcc: Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 05:50:00 -0700 (PDT)FYI
—– Forwarded by AleckDadson/TOR/ECT on 06/07/2001 01:00 PM —–Aleck Dadson
06/07/2001 12:48 PMTo: Paul Devries/TOR/ECT@ECT
Subject: Ken Lay/JohnLavorato Briefing MaterialI have attached the following: a) a high level outline of the speaking
points for Ken Lay and John Lavorato for their meetings with Premier Harris
and, I hope, Wilson, Purchase and Hubert; and b) a more detailed briefing
note which outlines: i) key developments since April 4 , ii) our position
re market opening and the key issues that have been raised against opening
the market this Fall, iii) differences between California and Ontario; and
iv) Enron’s assessment of the possible difficulties in NYC this Summer. I am
awaiting material from Houston to complete the piece on
NYC. One piece that I think needs to be added to the
detailed briefing note is an overview of Enron’s current commercial position
in Ontario – i.e. the renegotiation of the BE contract and the likelihood of
pursuing a retail initiative. You will see where I have left space for that
piece, hoping that you could draft it. I have endeavoured
in the outline of the speaking points to focus on what we know the key
issues/concerns for the government are at this stage. I
have asked Sasha Jacob to provide us with profiles of Harris, Wilson,
Purchase and Hubert to include in the final briefing package.
I have prepared the material on the assumption that the best use of
the meeting time (likely 45 minutes with Harris and 60 minutes with Wilson et
al) is: a) to make the case for proceeding with market opening this Fall
if thhttp://canadiantruths.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/jim-wilson-is-new-interm-leader-of-ontario-pc-party/e IMO and OEB reports re market readiness are positive; b) to provide
Harris et al with our perspective on developments in the U.S. (particularly
New York and California) about which the government may have continuing
concerns; and c) to ask Harris what we can do to help the gov’t move forward
to a market opening this year. Rick Shapiro left
me a voice mail indicating that Lavorato and he had spoken about the visit
and the supporting material. The agreement between the two of them is
evidently that Rob, you and I are all to be comfortable with the briefing
material before sending it to John, who will then review it and propose any
changes he feels are necessary before it is forwarded to Ken
Lay. I would appreciate your questions,
comments and suggested revisions.
Ontario Market Opening Conference Call
April 12, 2001
(Toronto – 10:00 a.m., Houston – 9:00 a.m.)
1. Where we are re: market opening
2. What we have done/What we are doing
3. What to do going forward
Ontario Market Opening Initiatives
• Ongoing participation on OEB Retail Market Readiness Taskforce that defined market readiness plan in retail sector; that Plan targets retail readiness by early September 2001 and “live market operations” late October/early November 2001
• Broad representation and participation on the committees/taskforces that are overseeing the testing/commissioning of the IMO systems
• Ongoing contact with OEB, IMO and PricewaterhouseCoopers (key advisors to government on retail market readiness)
• Have built relationships with key newspapers, in particular Globe & Mail and National Post
• Virtually all supportive editorial coverage on market opening issue has been the result of our efforts (columns by Reguly in Globe & Mail and Corcoran in National Post)
• Corcoran is writing another article on market opening for April 17 (Corcoran interviewed Ken Lay on April 4th)
• Ken Lay on ROB TV (April 4)
• Ken Lay speech broadcast on Rogers Cable and C-PAC
• Mac Penney (GPC) appears (with message) on CBC and TV Ontario re: market opening (latest is April 12) (est. reach 280,000 Ontario households on each occasion)
Queen’s Park Contact/Lobbying
• Numerous meetings with key ministry and political staff contacts in Premier’s Office, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Finance, Ontario Superbuild, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, and Ministry of the Environment (see contact list)
• Core messaging has been on the points made in Ken Lay’s speech
• Developed further message re: resource adequacy and pricing to address concerns raised by major power consumers about Fall opening (have met re: same with Premier’s Office, Ministry of Energy, the IMO, and Superbuild – further meetings already arranged for Premier’s Office and Finance)
• Developing further message re: pricing, comparing what bulk power rates would have to be under regulation and what wholesale prices would be under competition (have retained Seabron Adamson/Kevin Wellenius to do analysis)
• Arranged for Toronto Board of Trade to adopt our messaging re: market opening in Fall and got them to hold press conference (March 15)
• Ken Lay speech at Board of Trade (April 4)
• Ken Lay lunch to introduce and press message re: market opening to three of Premier Harris’ key advisors on electricity issue – Bill Farlinger, Jim Baillie and David Lindsey
• Board of Trade events above dove tailed well with parallel “on message” event by Toronto Hydro (March 23)
• Lay meeting with Premier Harris – have been promised proposed dates from Premier’s Office by this Friday
• Attendance at Premier’s Reception and Dinner April 19 (PC Party fundraiser) – Bill Hawkins, key political advisor to the Premier on electricity issue will be at our table (Milnthorp, Shapiro, DeVries, Dadson, with 4 guests attending)
• Efforts to get some major industrial customers/consumer groups on side publicly with our message re: the Fall (I can detail what we are doing in that regard)
• Identify ways in which we can “lever” Enron systems to overcome any concern about distributor readiness (I can detail what we are doing/could do in that regard)
• Continue to press Independent Power Producers’ Society of Ontario to mount public advertising campaign comparable to IPPSA’s ads in Alberta
• Meetings with investment banks (message re: importance of early market opening to valuation of OPG assets)
• Potential retainer of Tom Long (Monitor) and Leslie Noble (Strategy Corp.), two key advisors to Premier Harris (note: Long had been invited to Ken Lay lunch but could not attend; Noble is key PC campaign organizer: she may be conflicted because of work for OPG; she is evidently advising, for political reason, that market opening be pushed off until after next election)
• Levering of US gov’t/ regulatory bodies re: reciprocity
Ken Lay addressed a breakfast meeting of the Toronto Board of Trade on Wednesday, April 4, as part of the “Power Breakfast Series”. His topic
“Moving Forward with Electricity Deregulation.”
Before his speech, chairman of the Board of Trade commented that “this was the best attendance ever” at one of their breakfast meetings. After the meeting, Mr. Lay spoke with reporters from Reuters, the Globe and Mail, the National Post, and Report on Business TV emphasizing Enron’s commitment to deregulation of the Ontario power market.
Rural Ontario being “SOLD OFF” to China by OUR own Government????
Ontario Mayors are now “salesmen” for OUR lands and resources???????
The “end-game” appears to be on track for Ontario’s Rural communities that have been virtually ruined by successive Provincial Governments with their Agenda 21, Sustainable Development attack on municipalities across Ontario. De-value properties, make them virtually unliveable with Green Wind projects, raise cost of living beyond ability to pay and when that is completed put up a huge “FOR SALE” sign on it for a foreign country to bid on it!
Here’s the formal plan for “Immigrant Placement” within South Western Ontario“ where the lands have been laid “fallow” by these Government policies!
Here is a “snippet” from the above document that shows clearly how the Government views a true Canadian: “
“Clearly, a Chinese immigrant possesses an advantage here over the typical Canadian.”
Is there any reason that 7 Mayors of Ontario’s Rural Towns have been “invited” to go on an “Investment” tour in China for ten days when thousands of Private Sector Companies have gone this way for years at their own expense for their own markets?
It seems to have started back in October at the Canada China Business Council in Markham where 13 Ontario Mayors attended a sales pitch by Chinese reps to lure them to China for negotiations over LAND available in Canada………………………. for WHAT?
Remember that these people are OUR elected representatives supposedly elected to represent our needs as citizens of each particular Municipality,NOT the interests of a foreign Government!
Agenda 21 (Sustainable Development is not a very well liked word within Municipal Offices these days. As the public becomes more informed of what has been going on behind their backs inside Municipal politics and that is the de-population of Rural Ontario which is Agenda 21′s main purpose, Councillors become more agitated and nervous when confronted by informed citizens.
Just try it. Call your Municipal office and ask them if they are following Agenda 21′s local Government initiatives. You will be met with denial and when pushed, a rather aggressive “hang up”! If you get to this point then ask the Council about this little nugget of “Sustainable Development” that every Council in Ontario should have on it’s book shelves: FCM’s Green Municipal Fund.*
Here’s a “snippet” of this document which clearly shows that Municipal Councils promote and adhere to Agenda 21 proposals in case your Councillor claims “he doesn’t know what your talking about!”
*Examples of SCPs: (Sustainable Community Plans)
• integrated community sustainability plans
• long-range sustainability plans
• Local Agenda 21 plans
• local action plans (for example, greenhouse
gas reduction plans)
That publication will lay out the United Nations engineered plans for virtually all loss of control over YOUR lands and resources for the “better good”!
How “entrenched” in Canada at all levels of Government and Business is Agenda 21 and it’s tenticles that are literally aimed at redefining our quality of life, our future and our present day Rights and Freedoms that have been guaranteed by our forefathers who actually laid down their lives to ensure a Free and Democratic Canada?
Well, here is just one “think tank” all dressed up to represent large business and Education centres in order provide Global Governance guidelines for less than “enlightened” politicians.
Spend some time on this little gathering and notice some “players” like RIM Canada and University of Waterloo who have millions of $$$ invested in setting up a policy panel which in turn advises Political leaders on how to manipulate the lands and resources that WE live on for investing in foreign countries.
For a foreign Government to literally pay the way for an elected official to attend any type of negotiations regarding OUR sovereign lands could actually be perceived as bordering on treason.
Seven Lower Mainland mayors who went on a privately funded trip to China last month believed — as did most of their councillors — that they could accept the trip because it was being paid for by someone who was never going to do business in their municipalities or in Canada.
But municipal experts and some critics say the new Community Charter legislation makes it clear that council members should not accept any gift from anyone, doing business or not, that is coming to them because of their positions.
Oct 04, 2012
STAFF PHOTO/SJOERD WITTEVEEN
That’s the key message from the sales pitches of 13 Ontario mayors who met in Markham Tuesday to discuss that country’s economic impact during what was billed the Mayors’ Forum on China.
Even if you don’t like what you see, working up an appetite for China is better than saying you are not interested, Canada China Business Council executive director Sarah Kutulakos said.
“Even if you don’t want to do business with China, you need to have a China strategy,” she said. “It’s in your value chain, even if you pro-actively try not to do business with China.”
Six York municipalities had representatives at the forum, including Georgina Mayor Robert Grossi, Aurora Mayor Geoffrey Dawe, Markham Mayor Frank Scarpitti, Richmond Hill Mayor Dave Barrow, Vaughan Councillor Sandra Yeung Racco and Whitchurch-Stouffville Mayor Wayne Emmerson.
Vaughan Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua was in Italy on a trade mission.
Mayor Scarpitti couldn’t stay for the panel discussion and was represented by Councillor Carolina Moretti.
Other mayors in attendance included those from Barrie, Chatham-Kent, London, Niagara Falls, Parry Sound, Pickering and Waterloo.
Developable greenfield, the largest vacant employment lands in the GTA, a future downtown at Jane Street and Hwy. 7, York University and its location as an economic gateway are some of the attributes Vaughan has to attract Chinese investments, Ms Yeung Racco said.
Now here is the announcement
By Barb McKay
Kincardine mayor Larry Kraemer will travel to China in May to discuss trade opportunities.
He is one of a handful of Ontario mayors invited on the 10-day trade mission by the Canada China Investment Association. Others invited include mayors from Erin, Belleville, Petrolia and Niagara-on-the-Lake. The group leaves May 15 and will spend time in Shanghai and Beijing before returning home on May 25.
“They were very clear that they are looking for trade opportunities – bilateral trade – and they are looking at Ontario,” Kraemer said when he told Kincardine council about the trip during its meeting last Wednesday.
Costs associated with the trip, minus airfare, are being covered by the China Canada Investment Association. Bruce County council has agreed to allow Kraemer to use money from his conference fund to cover the cost of airfare.
Councillor Ron Coristine said the trade mission should involve individuals who are entrenched in Kincardine’s economic development planning. Kraemer said he had made his involvement with the trade mission known to the Penetangore Regional Economic Development Corporation (PREDC), but said he was lucky just to be invited on the trip.
His sentence, one year probation and a fine of $9,150.00. I’m not sure what the terms of his probation are at this time, nor can I see any justification for the fine or the amount. Surely this “raw milk” fiasco has cost the taxpayer millions over the years. To what end or benefit has not been made clear either by the gov. or the court.
Mr. Schmidt has endured years of harassment by the Ontario gov., including a raid on his farm in 2006 by armed agents.
This is not about “harm” because there wasn’t any. No, this is about control of your property, “your body” of which the gov seems to think it owns. It does not. The gov does not have authority to decide what you ingest.
Therefore, Michael Schmidt’s “raw milk” campaign is not so much about whether “raw milk products” are safe, but about your rights as a private person.
I hope everyone continues their support of Michael and his work and in the end, may the people of Ontario and Canada learn from Michael’s example.
If you don’t stand for what’s right – you stand for nothing.
A sad legacy to pass to your children and grandchildren, indeed.
Have the good folks fighting wind farms in Ontario been suckered by the leadership of WCO. Or, did the leadership come by their ignorance honestly. Or, is WCO, like I’ve pointed out for years, controlled opposition. You decide!
Before you vote on October 6th, understand the real Agenda of the PC’s Liberals NDP and Green Party. The Agenda is to implement UN Agenda 21. Sustainable Development is Agenda 21. Why has no party or candidate told you this? Because if you knew the real Agenda behind Sustainable Development you might be out looking for some rope instead of a pen to mark your ballot.
- Vote Tim Hudak on October 6th (windfarms.wordpress.com)
Learn about the threats to our food system on May 2nd in Owen Sound Ontario.
Made this video of chemtrails over Kincardine. Proving once again that your Govt. doesn’t give a rats ass about you or your family. Be sure to read Agenda 21.